Near-perpetual trusts are possible here potentially avoiding transfer taxes for up to 1000 years.
- No state income tax on trust or personal income
- No state gift or inheritance tax
- No tax on out-of-state retirement income
- No corporate income tax
- No excise tax
- No tax on mineral ownership
- No intangibles or personal property tax
- Low property tax
Wyoming privacy laws allow you to keep your personal and trust information out of the public domain.
Wyoming allows broad asset protection by recognizing spendthrift provisions written into trusts, including self-settled trusts where the trust creator is also a beneficiary.
You don’t have to live in Wyoming to establish or migrate a trust here. Appointing the Bank of Jackson Hole as your Wyoming sited fiduciary may be all that’s necessary.
Wyoming expressly provides for directed trusts where assets and investments can be managed by a family office or managers other than the administrative trustee.